Sunday, November 29, 2015

First things first....

Today, I bought a Chromebook.  My HP laptop I received as a graduation gift from my parents 4 years ago for graduate school was dying a small and slow death.  Let me paint a picture of this slowly dying laptop.  The top of the screen had a few chips.  This made the connection of the screen and cover separate when it was flipped down.  The back of the computer was popping out, making the screen wiggle.  The space bar wasn't working, so I would have to literally pound it to get between sentences. I think it was high time for me to get something new.  I chose a Chromebook because I'm more prone to using Apps and unlike a lot of people it seems, I love the cloud and Google docs.

Now, I guess you are reading this, thinking this girl better not be going on about how great having a Chromebook is or how she loves using Apps over Microsoft programs.  Well, just as a heads up, that's the extent I know about Chromebooks and their capabilities.  I want to use this blog as a way to put my thoughts on paper.  I think the thing that has always held me back is knowing that someone will read my thoughts or be able to know what is going on in my life.  That has always made me be an introvert, unwilling to share with others.  I see a lot of people around me writing blogs, and sharing their lives online, so why not take that plung?  Since 2014, I have made it a goal each year to do something that scared me.  In 2014, I joined a Crossfit box (you will probably read about it soon in an upcoming post).  This year, I haven't really done anything that is life changing or altering, other than getting married.  However, I feel that since I got married, my life is still living with my best friend and nothing is scary about that.  That's why I decided to write this blog.  I have always been terrified to share my thoughts or experiences with others.  I have an intense fear of being judged or being seen as odd.  I'm at that age now where I need to get out of my comfort zone a bit more and explore the world.  So, here's to being a blogger :) Let's see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment